- Cheng ZQ, Tan W and Xiong JJ (2021). “Progressive damage modelling and fatigue life prediction of Plain-weave composite laminates with Low-velocity impact damage.” Composite Structures vol. 273, DOI10.1016/j.compstruct.2021.114262
- Tan W, Stallard JC, Jo C, De Volder MFL and Fleck NA (2021). “The mechanical and electrochemical properties of polyaniline-coated carbon nanotube mat.” Journal of Energy Storage vol. 41, DOI10.1016/j.est.2021.102757
- Tan W and Falzon BG (2021). “A crystal plasticity phenomenological model to capture the non-linear shear response of carbon fibre reinforced composites.” International Journal of Lightweight Materials and Manufacture vol. 4, (1) 99-109. DOI10.1016/j.ijlmm.2020.06.004
- Gspann TS, Kaniyoor A, Tan W, Kloza PA, Bulmer JS, Mizen J, Divitini G, Terrones J, Tune D, Cook JD, Smail FR and Elliott JA (2021). “Catalyst-Mediated Enhancement of Carbon Nanotube Textiles by Laser Irradiation: Nanoparticle Sweating and Bundle Alignment.” Mdpi Ag Catalysts vol. 11, (3) 368-368. DOI10.3390/catal11030368
- Tan W and Martínez-Pañeda E (2020). “Phase field predictions of microscopic fracture and R-curve behaviour of fibre-reinforced composites.” Elsevier Bv Composites Science and Technology 108539-108539. DOI10.1016/j.compscitech.2020.108539
- Tan W and Liu B (2020). “A physically-based constitutive model for the shear-dominated response and strain rate effect of carbon fibre reinforced composites.”, Editors: Wang H. Elsevier Composites Part B: Engineering DOI10.1016/j.compositesb.2020.108032 Abstract
- Wang Y, Li Y, Tan W, Tang M and Du W (2019). “Experimental study on shear properties of concrete pile-clay interface considering surface roughness of structure.” Zhongnan Daxue Xuebao (Ziran Kexue Ban)/Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology) vol. 50, (10) 2502-2509. DOI10.11817/j.issn.1672-7207.2019.10.018
- Tan W, Stallard JC, Smail FR, Boies AM and Fleck NA (2019). “The mechanical and electrical properties of direct-spun carbon nanotube mat-epoxy composites.” Carbon vol. 150, 489-504. DOI10.1016/j.carbon.2019.04.118
- Liu H, Falzon BG, Li S, Tan W, Liu J, Chai H, Blackman BRK and Dear JP (2019). “Compressive failure of woven fabric reinforced thermoplastic composites with an open-hole: An experimental and numerical study.” Composite Structures vol. 213, 108-117. DOI10.1016/j.compstruct.2019.01.070
- Li X, Ma D, Liu H, Tan W, Gong X, Zhang C and Li Y (2019). “Assessment of failure criteria and damage evolution methods for composite laminates under low-velocity impact.” Composite Structures vol. 207, 727-739. DOI10.1016/j.compstruct.2018.09.093
- Chang T, Zhan L, Tan W and Wu X (2018). “Cohesive zone modeling of the autoclave pressure effect on the delamination behavior of composite laminates.” Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites vol. 37, (24) 1468-1480. DOI10.1177/0731684418799948
- Liu H, Falzon BG, Catalanotti G and Tan W (2018). “An experimental method to determine the intralaminar fracture toughness of high-strength carbon-fibre reinforced composite aerostructures.” Aeronautical Journal vol. 122, (1255) 1352-1370. DOI10.1017/aer.2018.78
- Zhang X, Tan W, Smail F, De Volder M, Fleck N and Boies A (2018). “High-fidelity characterization on anisotropic thermal conductivity of carbon nanotube sheets and on their effects of thermal enhancement of nanocomposites.” Nanotechnology vol. 29, (36) DOI10.1088/1361-6528/aacd7b
- Jiang R, Yang L, Liu H, Tan W, Sun X, Cheng H and Mao W (2018). “A multiscale methodology quantifying the sintering temperature-dependent mechanical properties of oxide matrix composites.” Journal of The American Ceramic Society vol. 101, (7) 3168-3180. DOI10.1111/jace.15473
- Stallard JC, Tan W, Smail FR, Gspann TS, Boies AM and Fleck NA (2018). “The mechanical and electrical properties of direct-spun carbon nanotube mats.” Extreme Mechanics Letters vol. 21, 65-75. DOI10.1016/j.eml.2018.03.003
- Tan W, Naya F, Yang L, Chang T, Falzon BG, Zhan L, Molina-Aldareguía JM, González C and Llorca J (2018). “The role of interfacial properties on the intralaminar and interlaminar damage behaviour of unidirectional composite laminates: Experimental characterization and multiscale modelling.” Composites Part B: Engineering vol. 138, 206-221. DOI10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.11.043
- Liu H, Falzon BG and Tan W (2018). “Experimental and numerical studies on the impact response of damage-tolerant hybrid unidirectional/woven carbon-fibre reinforced composite laminates.” Composites Part B: Engineering vol. 136, 101-118. DOI10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.10.016
- Liu H, Falzon BG and Tan W (2018). “Predicting the Compression-After-Impact (CAI) strength of damage-tolerant hybrid unidirectional/woven carbon-fibre reinforced composite laminates.” Composites Part a: Applied Science and Manufacturing vol. 105, 189-202. DOI10.1016/j.compositesa.2017.11.021
- Falzon BG, Liu H and Tan W (2017). “Comment on “A tensorial based progressive damage model for fibre reinforced polymers”.” Composite Structures vol. 176, 877-882. DOI10.1016/j.compstruct.2017.06.011
- Chang T, Zhan L, Tan W and Li S (2017). “Effect of autoclave pressure on interfacial properties at micro- and macro- level in polymer-matrix composite laminates.” Fibers and Polymers vol. 18, (8) 1614-1622. DOI10.1007/s12221-017-7384-4
- Chang T, Zhan L, Tan W and Li S (2017). “Void content and interfacial properties of composite laminates under different autoclave cure pressure.” Composite Interfaces vol. 24, (5) 529-540. DOI10.1080/09276440.2016.1237113
- Chang T, Zhan L, Tan W and Li S (2017). “Optimization of curing process for polymer-matrix composites based on orthogonal experimental method.” Fibers and Polymers vol. 18, (1) 148-154. DOI10.1007/s12221-017-6606-0
- Tan W and Falzon BG (2016). “Modelling the crush behaviour of thermoplastic composites.” Elsevier Composites Science and Technology vol. 134, 57-71. DOI10.1016/j.compscitech.2016.07.015
- Tan W, Falzon BG, Price M and Liu H (2016). “The role of material characterisation in the crush modelling of thermoplastic composite structures.” Composite Structures vol. 153, 914-927. DOI10.1016/j.compstruct.2016.07.011
- Falzon B and Tan W (2016). “Predicting Impact Damage, Residual Strength and Crashworthiness of Composite Structures.” Sae International Journal of Materials and Manufacturing vol. 9, (3) DOI10.4271/2016-01-0497
- Tan W and Falzon BG (2016). “Modelling the nonlinear behaviour and fracture process of AS4/PEKK thermoplastic composite under shear loading.” Elsevier Composites Science and Technology vol. 126, 60-77. DOI10.1016/j.compscitech.2016.02.008
- Falzon BG and Tan W (2016). “Virtual testing of composite structures: Progress and challenges in predicting damage, residual strength and crashworthiness.” The Structural Integrity of Carbon Fiber Composites: Fifty Years of Progress and Achievement of The Science, Development, and Ap DOI10.1007/978-3-319-46120-5_24
- Tan W, Falzon BG, Chiu LNS and Price M (2015). “Predicting low velocity impact damage and Compression-After-Impact (CAI) behaviour of composite laminates.” Composites Part a: Applied Science and Manufacturing vol. 71, 212-226. DOI10.1016/j.compositesa.2015.01.025
- Tan Z, Tan J, Liu Y and Tan W (2015). “Electromagnetic characteristics of large gap magnetic driving axial flow blood pump.” Zhongnan Daxue Xuebao (Ziran Kexue Ban)/Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology) vol. 46, (1) 99-106. DOI10.11817/j.issn.1672-7207.2015.01.014
- Tan W, Falzon BG and Price M (2015). “Predicting the crushing behaviour of composite material using high-fidelity finite element modelling.” International Journal of Crashworthiness vol. 20, (1) 60-77. DOI10.1080/13588265.2014.972122
Full publication list can be found from my Google Scholar profile.
Selected Conference Proceedings/Oral Presentations
 W. Tan, The mechanical and energy-storage properties of carbon nanotube-polymer composites, International Workshop on Graphene and Carbon Nanotubes in Experimental Mechanics, Manchester, UK; 05/2019 (invited speaker).
 W. Tan, H. Tankasala, NA. Fleck, The stiffness and strength of epoxy-infilled carbon-nanotube mats, 10th European Solid Mechanics Conference, Bologna, US; 07/2018
 W. Tan, B.G. Falzon, M. Price, A three-dimensional finite element-based damage model for composite structures under crush loading, RAeS 4th Aircraft Structural Design Conference, Belfast, UK; 09/2014
 W. Tan, B.G. Falzon, L.N.S. Chiu, M. Price, Modelling the low-velocity impact damage and compression after impact (CAI) strength of composite laminates. 22nd Annual International Conference on Composites/Nano Engineering, St Julians, Malta; 07/2014
 W. Tan, B.G. Falzon, L.N.S. Chiu, M. Price, Numerical prediction of the low-velocity impact damage and compression after impact strength of composite laminates, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, IOP Publishing, 2015, p. 012015.
B.G. Falzon, W. Tan. Virtual testing of composite structures, The Structural Integrity of Carbon Fibre Composites: Fifty Years of Progress and Achievement, November 2016, Springer. (*Corresponding author)
- Delivered a lecture “Properties of Carbon nanotube and their composites”, Micromechanics seminar, University of Cambridge, on invitation from Prof. Norman Fleck, October 2017.
- Delivered a lecture “Modelling the behaviour of thermoplastic composite under crushing loading”, IMDEA material institute, on invitation from Dr. Claudio Lopes, April 2016.
- Delivered a lecture “Virtual testing of composite aerostructures”, Beihang University, on invitation from Prof. Zixing Lu, January 2015.
- Delivered a lecture “Damage modelling of composite aerostructures”, Shanghai Jiaotong University, on invitation from Prof. Hai Wang, January 2015.
Frontiers in Mechanical Engineering: Review Editor in the Solid Mechanics Section
Polymers: Topic Editor
Service to The Community
Reviewer for journals: Composite Science and Technology (Twice), Composite Part A (three times), Composite Part B (five times), Internationals Journal of Impact Engineering (once), Journal of Composite Materials (twice), Thin-walled structure (three times), etc.