Available research projects:
1. Thermal-mechanical modelling for multiphysics applications (battery, offshore energy, etc).
2. Advanced fracture mechanics model for composite materials (CFRP, Nanocomposite, etc).
3. Architected cellular structures for crash energy absorption.
4. Machine learning in discovery of new meta-materials and meta-structures.
5. Mechanical and electrochemical behaviours of nanomaterials for energy-storage.
Chinese Scholarship Council Fellowship
I am looking for some highly talented Chinese students to apply the China Scholarship Council (CSC) scholarship. Under the scheme, Queen Mary will provide scholarships to cover all tuition fees, whilst the CSC will provide living expenses and one return flight ticket to successful applicants. This scholarship is available to both new and continuing (current 1st year) students.
Eligibility and Applying: The deadline for applications to Queen Mary is 27th January 2021. Applicants must be Chinese nationals and should meet our entry requirements. Applicants must first apply for our PhD programme following our usual application procedures. Applicants must first have an offer for admission to Queen Mary’s PhD programme and then they should apply to CSC for the scholarship between 10th March and 31st March. Results are usually released in May.
Other International Studentships
International scholarships to support individual students from across the globe in their search for funding. Today, QMUL are home to scholars from more than 50 different international sponsorship bodies. More information about the scholarships available to you can be found on your individual country page or by using our searchable scholarships database.
We welcome applications for fellowships sponsored by research councils and other funding bodies. Please feel free to contact me for further discussions. Some prestigious fellowships are listed as follows,
- Newton International Fellowship.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship.
- Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship.
- Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 Research Fellowship.
- Royal Society University Research Fellowship .
Visiting scholars, outstanding MSc and undergraduate students are welcome to inquire regarding research opportunities at my group.